Skip to main content

The Letter He Wrote on My Heart

My Dear Child,

You say you cannot hear my voice, when you ask me for direction.
Know that every day I am giddy with excitement in the ways I have planned to speak to you. 
I am there, with you, always. 
Waiting to be heard.

It's been said that I am boring, but rather the world has lost it's sense of wonder and awe. 
I am in the chirp of a robin, the rays of a sunrise, the smile of a stranger.
I am in the cry of a newborn, the tears at a funeral, and the joy at a wedding.
I am there always, if you knew how to be silent. 

When you come home from work, I plan to inspire you while you cook supper.
Instead, you turn on the radio, so I sit back and watch quietly.
You keep telling me you'd like to wake up earlier and take the dog for a walk.
I have so many things I'd like to show you in the mornings, if you'd stop hitting snooze.

You tried to grow closer to me by cancelling your cable, great move on your part.
But replacing it with Netflix did not help your cause (chuckle)
It frustrates me to see you waste so much time on a device.
I am the greatest device you have access to, if only you'd tune in; I'll be patient.

I have an incredible conversation planned with a stranger, if you'd look up from your phone.
This happens a lot actually, at the supermarket, the airport, the laundromat, while working.
I wish you could see that every encounter is a planned one.
A way for you to let my light shine through you. 

You busy your life, like a little ant running about, carrying all the weight on your back.
If only you'd hand those stresses to me, you would smile more and worry less.
At every moment my hand is reached out, just waiting to take what you're willing to give me.
Even though you think you need to do it all yourself, remember, I AM. 

You want direction from me and yet you distract yourself daily with quick escapes.
Are you afraid of what I may tell you in the silence?
What I have to say will bring your heart so much joy.
If you'd listen daily, you'd soon find, you are the desire of my heart; and I, yours. 

The world is in need of so much light my child, and every day I have plans for you to shine.
But you get so self centered, and forget about those around you.
Success, wealth, health, and all things material, including your body, will go up in smoke.
It is the people who live forever, eternally; focus on them. 

My Father did not create this world for you to be successful, He created this world for you to know Him; that's why He sent me. 
Trust me love, no one up here discusses the careers they had or the homes they lived in. 
They do not discuss the things they own, because they own nothing.
Only souls dwell here, and joy overflows abundantly; how are you leading them to me?

Everyone up here is cheering for you, love.

All my love,

J.C.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Rhonda

If you were privileged enough to know my Aunt Rhonda, you may have heard these words when she greeted you, especially at a family gathering, "Come here so I can suck your face!". Now, that may be entirely too straightforward while starting off a tribute to my dear aunt; but that was Rhonda, straightforward, with just the right amount of love and comic relief mixed together so perfectly, to make even the grumpiest of men, or a crying toddler crack a smile. Her presence made a family gathering that would otherwise be considered just ordinary, extremely special, because Aunt Rhonda was in the room. Half way through my sixth grade year Rhonda, and my cousin Justina moved just down the road from us on our family farm. Although this was a trying time in the Becker's life with the loss of my grandmother and a complete life change for our families, the selfish part of me is so grateful for that move and for all the memories acquired because of it. There was no better way to grow

Emily - Our Light

On my desk in my little apartment in Naples, sits the candle Emily gave me for Christmas. A very fitting reminder to me of what a light she was to my life and to the lives of everyone that knew her. I light the candle each morning and spend a few moments with her before I begin my day. Although these moments of peace are fleeting, it is during this time where I find the most comfort. I'm hoping God can miraculously make sure the wax won't inch any lower and I can continue this for as long I need; or I may be going to the nearest CVS pharmacy to replenish the "Chestnut Clove", three wick candle. She accidentally left the receipt in the bag, (good one Em), so needless to say I know where to find it when the time comes. Although I only knew Emily for a short seven months, she left an impression on me that would take most relationships a lifetime. That is just the kind of person she was. The definition of a soul that can change your life just by interacting wit

7 Reasons Why You Should Hire the Farm and Ranch Kid

Well here I am, still on the ranch, without an official "new job", and yet I'm reminded daily as I witness my family scurrying around like ants with a plan, this is the place that taught me the true meaning of work. I'm getting muscles again from gardening and lifting corn seed bags, and also remembering just how tired you can be after an entire day in the sun chasing cattle with pea size brains around in circles. I think back to my college days, when my teammates were so impressed with how well I could hang clean in the weight room. I remember thinking, "I learned to hang clean at 8 years old when I wasn't tall enough to easily swing the saddle over a horse's back". I had to muster up all my scrawny little strength to hang clean it, (even though I had no idea that was a weight room term) and then actually lift it over my head and push entirely way too hard with my pathetic toothpick legs and arms to get the saddle up on the horse. The blanket w